Saturday, July 11, 2009

A whole new world

Having two kids has been the biggest blessing I have ever received, but it has also been the most challenging thing I have ever had to go through. At first everything is exciting, new and you feel as though you can be super mom... two and a half weeks later the dilerium, sleepless nights, napless days, and piles and piles of laundry and dishes start to catch up to you. Not to mention that instead of having one child to worry about getting hurt, fed and changed/pottied, you now have two (three if you count my husband, lol). My how the days fly by! Unfortunately I had to miss my family reunion in Oregon and another relative's wedding because I just couldn't bring myself to take both the kids on an all day outing by myself. I feel terrible that I wasn't able to make it but know in my heart it's what's best for me and the kids...

Aside from the frustration, being sleepy and never feeling caught up I am having a great time watching my children grow, explore and develop into wonderful people! I love being a mommy and wouldn't change it for anything. I never knew how much my children would change my life and each day they never cease to amaze me. They make me smile and feel such joy and happiness that I feel like I can do anything. Their smiles light up a room and no matter how bad my day is going, one look from them and all my problems seem to disappear.

To be honest, it really helps to have a great support system around me. I don't know how I would have made it these last couple of weeks without Jonathan. No matter how cranky I get, or how much I let my emotions get away from me he remains supportive, loving, forgiving and helpful. I love him! Not to mention the never ending support from friends and family. Our parents and siblings and friends have been nothing short of amazing and willing to help us as much as we need it! Thanks to everybody.

No comments: