Sunday, March 20, 2011

Busy Days Around the House

FUN PROJECTS!
As of the last couple of weeks we have been thrift shopping and found some killer deals! Not only are we saving some serious moola but we are also having a wonderful time together finding new treasures. Who knew that after 13 years JT and I would find a new way to bond and enjoy our time together!

Our most expensive buy yet, but I have wanted a trunk for so long that it was worth it!


The inside of the trunk is definitely worn, but it gives it great character!


This room is slowly coming together. Eventually the couch will be different and there will definitely be things added to the room, but for now it's a good start.



This amazing chair was at Value Village for just $6.99!! It originally had a very ugly brown plaid fabric on it and the green was poking through, so after we took the brown fabric off this is what we got!


Here it is after a little shampooing. Eventually we will reupholster it, but this will do for now!



Here is the ultra cool drawer I found that I'm going to make into a night stand as soon as I can find some cheap legs.... Drum roll for the price please! Just $1.99 from the Goodwill!! What a steal!


This is a lamp that I bought for $4.99 also from Value Village


Here is my little neighbor/helper, helping me to give it a good scrubbing.. Don't mind the lady in the mirror with a serious case of the quadruple chin!


Here is the new and improved lamp with some black paint and a new shade.. Ending price for this lamp $13, not too bad, but it was definitely fun!


Sneak preview of what the lamp will look at on the table I'm going to make (minus the legs of course):



Catching a Leprechaun!!
This is the first year we have done this, and we had so much fun!! We didn't catch a little green man this year but he did leave the kids some goodies including some "gold" dollar coins!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Molls,

I love all of this! We should do a craft day once a month with whoever wants to come. We could even rotate houses. :) Love ya!

The Tinsley's said...

I would LOVE that! Sarah, Alissa, Kendra and I were talking about that not too long ago! Let's make it happen :)